Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Another 4th of July came and went. Maia, Isaac, and I had a fun 4th of July with my family here in UT. We got to be in a small parade with Leif's family and then have the opportunity to be part of a Flag Ceremony. There was a veteran who spoke and our Nation was honored by children and families sings "My Country Tis of Thee," "My Flag My Flag," and reciting "The Pledge of Allegiance." It was nice to feel some patriotism, remember and honor all the past and present soldiers and Forefathers. This is such a wonderful holiday for me to think about how grateful I am to have the freedom's of this country, to have the resources available, the things that make my life so much easier, the many things we take for granted living in this country. One of the most important parts in my life that I have here in the USA is worshiping the way I choose. We also had the opportunity to spend the evening with my niece Taylor for her 4th Birthday. I did miss Matt and Tristyn as they were visiting his brother Dave and family in WA. They are having a great time and I am glad they went to support my niece for her special baptismal day today.

Today my parents, Maia, Isaac, and I had the opportunity to listen to my aunt and uncle Caleen and Art Jones share their teaching experience in China. I really felt like my family will have an opportunity to live their some day. Matt felt strongly about learning Chinese while at Thunderbird and didn't know why, he just had some strong feelings he needed to learn it. I supported him in learning it and each time I hear about someone living in China for different reasons it sparks interest in me and I too feel a connection with China and the people. I don't know why, hopefully someday we will have the opportunity to find out why.

No comments: