Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I can't believe it is April!!!

I have trying to be better at journaling, but it is not my strength, so we are trying to blog, now it has been a month since I last recored anything. We has a very packed and busy month of March. I had my 31st birthday and it was great, all I wanted was a day off, and I got it. Matt was able to stay home most of day and take care of the kiddos, I went out to lunch with friends, and enjoyed a Latin potluck at Thunderbird. I alway enjoy going to events at Thunderbird and getting to know so many wonderful families from all over the world.

Matt and I also had the wonderful opportunity to got to the Mesa, AZ Temple on the Saturday before my birthday. One of our friends was going through for the first time, Juilo. He is an amazing person, I have learned so much from. His love for Christ and desire to follow him, his example of a father, and love for the gospel. We felt so blessed to share in this special day with him. The spirit and love of Christ I feel when I attend the House of Lord is so peaceful. It is so nice to put aside worldly things and focus on the eternal perspective for a couple of hours. I feel the love of my Father In Heaven and Jesus Christ, I feel closer to my son Asa. I love the opportunities to attend the temple.

On March 14th, Matt entered Tour de Cure bike race. It was fun to see him be so excited and be able to raise money to donate to the Diabetic Association. The kids had fun seeing Daddy on a bike, and were his own fan club.

The next part of March flew very fast. We had a small stay in hospital because of Maia, she has some respiratory distress. Basically, she has asthma and a simple virus attacked her lungs and required her to be on oxygen for 5 days. She was such a trooper, she was so cute letting all the hospital workers do whatever they needed too. The RN's would come in and she'd lift up her leg for her BP, hold her arm out for her IV meds, and lift up her shirt to they could listen to her lungs. The Resp. Therapists would just hand her the treatments and she'd hold the mask to her mouth. In the mean time, I was not sleeping, hence hospital life and sleeping in a twin be with a 21 month old. Poor Tristyn being scared for her sister in the hospital, hoping she will come home. Tristyn remembers Asa in the hospital and knows he didn't come home, so for her hospitals can be a bit overwhelming at times. Isaac missed his Mommy and twin sister, as for Matt. He handled it well, but missed to much school and was feeling a bit burdened with missing school projects, classes, exams, meetings, and job interviews. The hospital stay turned into 5 days rather than 1-2, so for Matt missing so much school at the end left us in need of help. So, his mother came to our rescue. She came down to help us our for about a week. It was so nice because when we came home, then Tristyn got the flu and was throwing up all night, the next day we found out Maia now had an ear infection, and Isaac had a fever and was now coughing and was lethargic. Then the next day he was throwing up and Tristyn was now better, but Maia was still not eating and Isaac was eating very little. I was concerned about Maia from her 10% weight loss and Isaac being lethargic, then he turned very cranky. So there was someone just attending to children every second. I know kids get sick, but a Dad at school all hours of the day and pregnant mother not sleeping for over 5 days and now more can be a bit much. Again, my mother in law truely saved us, it was a huge blessing. On with our sick kiddos, then we found out Isaac had an ear infection. By the end of the second week the kids starting eating again and were happy, now we were happier.

Even though we were in hospital and then had a week of infections, coughs, sleepless nights, throwing up, lots and lots of wash, we had family to help, we came home from the hospital all together, and we have each other. Then it was time to say bye to Nanna!! Thanks Nanna for saving the day we truely love and appreciate you. We are so fortunate to have such wonderful family and friends. I forgot to mention the help our friends from our ward and Thunderbird gave, dinners brought in, blessings being administers, car rides, babysitters, and visiters in the hospital. We truely felt loved and cared for.

That about wrapped up the rest of March!!! Except for a fun filled evening for a girls night out with friends from Thunderbird and a fun day at a spring training baseball game, I will post pictures later.

2 comments:

Lynsey said...

wow! That was quite a month. My little one has asthma and we've been lucky enough to stay out of the hospital. I'm glad that you had family that could come help and that you have such wonderful friends to take care of you too!

Mugsy said...

Man Ash, You are such a trooper. Don't you have asthma as well? You have been through more than your share of trials. But with trials come the blessings, I know that is true. Still a rest would be good for you.