Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Appreciating the Wonderful Moments!!

About a week ago is when I last posted anything and it seems like there is so much to write about, now that I am trying to journal events, stories, and moments in my life. I know many people keep a journal, this is not something I do well at. Therefore, I am trying to journal things special, difficult, emotional, and fun in my family's life. Some experiences may be personal, some may not be, but this blog is a way I can remember and let my family and friends know and remember important dates in our lives. Even though we just started, I really appreciate my sister-in-law, Rachel's comments, her comments keep my trying to keep this thing going.

The "Wonderful Moments" I have been thinking about are the little things that happen on a daily basis in my life, that sometimes I overlook or get to busy to enjoy. I have been thinking about Elder Ballard's General Conference talk in April, 2008 on mothers. He talked about many aspects in a mothers life, but specifically I have been thinking about how he discussed the small moments and to enjoy them while they are here, they will be here and gone so quickly.

The small moments I have enjoyed this past week is going for a walk with my children, and watching Angel Bug ride her bike with a huge smile on her face. Even though she appeared a little tired, she just smiled the entire time, which ended up being about an hour. Her smile showed she loved being outside, just happy to be with her brother, sister, and mother. Angel Bug is such a happy child and brings so much joy to our family, she keeps life active, fun, and full of energy. She is an amazing little girl and is happy most of the time.

More small moments that I enjoyed this week, are watching all three kids play, splash, blow bubbles, and laugh in the bath. We decided to blow bubbles the other night while the kids were taking a bath and one would have thought this was the most exciting thing that has has ever happened in Isaac's life. He was laughing so hard that he was making the rest of us laugh.

Last night, just watching all three kids climb on Daddy was fun for me, (not only did I get a little break), but I enjoyed the time the kids get with Dad. One was on his arm, one on is leg, and one trying to climb on his head. I remember wrestling with my dad when I little and loving every minute. It is apparent to me that my children love wrestling and spending time with their Daddy.

I hope that I can remember to sit back and enjoy those small moments with my family. I started thinking about how fast time has flown since Angel Bug was born, and I do need to remember to take time each day with each child. I know I feel that I received that special attention from my mother and I hope and pray my children will feel the same way I did and do. I know that I was loved and that my mother wanted to be with me. She is a great example and always willing to give ideas of what I can do to help teach and enjoy special moments with my children.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sweet sweet, each moment is so wonderful isn't it. And now because of this blog you will have it chronicled forever. I probably am spelling horribly, oh well. Anyway, I am going to have my blog printed and bound into a book for a family journal.

Matt, Kistine, and Alexa Uffens said...

That is a sweet story about Tristyn and faith. What a doll.

Menner said...

Sister Rasmussen here!

It must be serendipity that I was recently thinking about you, Ashley, and decided to google your name, and lo and behold, a blog showed up.

Thank you for this post, as it served as a good reminder to me today, on a rather difficult morning.

It's fun seeing what you're family looks like nowadays.