Sunday, October 4, 2009

Twas the Night Before Surgery When ...


... all through the house. Not a creature was steering, not even a mouse. Well, that is not entirely true. With four children under six years old, there are actually four creatures making quite a noise in the house. But there noise is what I love and loathe at the same time.

Ironically, the night before surgery feels fairly calm. The weekend was spent watching our church's semi-annual General Conference on television as a family. The messages were uplifting and provided great instruction for living a better life. Today, my mom and I are headed to the Sunday afternoon session at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, and I'm really looking forward to it.

The weekend has also brought a small feeling of missing to my heart. The surgery brings with it limitations that will last 4 - 6 weeks. Limitations like an inability to lift anything over 20 pounds. Which means an inability to hold my children, and strangely enough, I am going to miss that feeling. I'm also going to miss riding bikes, running, wrestling with my kids, and generally, being active. But at least the limitations are temporary and not permanent. I assume these are normal feelings.

All of these feelings add to the experience and present an interesting story. And so, I want to capture these feelings in as they present themselves throughout this experience and plan on contributing to our blog on a daily basis to share how and what I'm feeling. Hopefully, the posts will make sense and bring a unique perspective to donation.

So, I'll see you on the other side.

2 comments:

Tom and Michelle said...

I know that you will do great and things will be for the good. You and your family is in our prayers.

Lynsey said...

Good luck! You are in our thoughts and prayers!